Women’s stories continue to resonate with Korean viewers
时间:2023-12-12 02:42:28 出处:자동차阅读（143）
More drama series with diverse women in the lead are expected to dominate South Korean TV screens over the remainder of the year.
Several new shows last year, including “Juvenile Justice,” “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” “Under the Queen’s Umbrella” and “Twenty-Five Twenty-One,” garnered greater-than-expected attention from viewers with their strong, independent women.
This year, TV dramas with bold, no-nonsense women have proved a strong trend, as production companies and screenwriters rush to tell more stories with different women in the lead roles.
Three female-centered series -- “Strong Girl Nam-soon,” “Doona!” and “Castaway Diva” -- are on track to make the trend a mainstream feature of the Korean content industry, after sweeping the top spots on the South Korean Netflix chart for TV shows on Tuesday.
- SK Group creates carbon credit alliance
- From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
- [Korea Beyond Korea] 'Funding drought jeopardizes interest in ancient Korea studies in US'
- [New in Korean] Year 2020 revisited under shadow of disconnection
- Yoon travels to Netherlands for chip allaince, strategic partnership
- Russian top diplomat to visit NK, accuses US of fueling tensions on Korean Peninsula
- Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- S. Korea, US conduct underwater search operation for downed jet, Korean War remains
- OPEC members push against fossil fuel phase