Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
时间:2023-12-12 03:58:58 出处:과학阅读（143）
Seoul shares opened higher Tuesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, as investors await earnings results from AI chip leader Nvidia and other US tech firms.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.92 points, or 0.8 percent, to 2,511.12 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6 percent to 35,151.04, and the tech-rich NASDAQ added 1.1 percent to 14,284.53.
Nvidia is set to release quarterly results on Tuesday on the back of strong demand for generative AI.
In Seoul, tech, auto and energy stocks led gains.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics rose 0.6 percent, No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix climbed 1.3 percent, top carmaker Hyundai Motor gained 0.3 percent and leading car battery maker LG Energy Solution was up 0.6 percent.
Among decliners, the country's sole aircraft manufacturer Korea Aerospace Industries fell 0.3 percent and leading cosmetics firm Amorepacific shed 0.4 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,287.25 won against the US dollar, up 4.4 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
- USAID official urges boosted development cooperation among S. Korea, US, Japan as 'like
- Seoul shares close tad higher ahead of key US jobs data
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- LG Electronics ups Q3 earnings guidance on upbeat demand
- LIG Nex1 acquires majority stake in Ghost Robotics
- [Herald Review] Ive gives a sneak peek of new album, kicks off first world tour with Seoul gigs
- [Photo News] Housing solutions in Asia
- Jungkook of BTS to hold fan showcase on Nov. 20
- '삐뽀삐뽀 119' 하정훈도 국힘 간다…이수정 등 5명 합류 확정